Sunday, August 16, 2009

What I'm doing for the next 30 days

Here's what I'm doing:

I'm doing my green smoothie in the morning with a little fresh orange, some fresh pineapple, fresh banana, frozen mango/grapes/mandarin oranges/papaya/kiwi, LOTS of fresh spinach. I have a green leafy salad for lunch (I have spinach/sping mix or a kale/avocado salad to choose from), and our dinners all week are veggie based with no bread or pasta. For snacks, I have avocados, cottage cheese muffins (made from scratch), a creamy sundried tomato dip eaten with sliced cucumbers, Kashi whole grain blueberry waffles with Tofutti cream cheese and bananas. I'm also breaking the Sprite habit I picked up when I gave up artificial sweeteners, and I am quitting the chocolate kick I've been on lately. If I must have chocolate, it will be dark chocolate at least. But I'm going to attempt to do that very rarely.

For my exercise, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I will be walking for one hour. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I will be doing a program that my hubby and I found called Two Hundred Sit ups, and also Two Hundred Squats (http://www.twohundredsitups.com/complete.html and http://www.twohundredsquats.com/).

I'm really excited about this, and I'd be even more excited if some other folks wanted to join me! So if you're interested, join the Facebook group and let me know that you're doing this along with me :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kara, This sounds awesome! I really would like to join you, but don't think I can afford the food right now. I am proud of you and I will read and follow your blog to give you encoragement, okay? It does get easier to get off sugar, for me it takes about 3 days. When I went vegan (for 3 months) I was surprised at how my taste buds changed and I craved veggies and fruit. It does get easier- hang in there!

    ReplyDelete