Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 2

Didn't get a chance to update yesterday and I'm in a rush today so this will be quick.

Food:
Green smoothie (spinach, grapes, mango, papaya, kiwi, pineapple, orange, banana)
Mixed greens, spinach, bell pepper, red onion, tomato salad w/ a French vinaigrette dressing
Sesame seed tofu
1 oz dark organic chocolate
Creamy pumpkin soup
Shake (banana, chocolate Instant breakfast, avacado, soymilk)

Exercise:
None! I'm in terrible pain from doing my 'test' for the 200 program. The program recommends you wait a week after the initial test to actually start, which I originally thought was kinda silly, but now I see why...Cody and I both have been groaning every time we get up or sit down or have to bend down, haha.

Comments:

I feel really good. As you see, I gave in to my chocolate today, but I only ate 1/3 of the candy bar I bought, and it was dark chocolate, organic, so not as much sugar and not as processed. Also, the reason I gave in was because I didn't eat anything from 3 pm until dinnertime, because I went to the store after work....I think I need to plan to always have food on me, so I'm not tempted to eat something I shouldn't! I did better at not eating processed foods yesterday, as everything I ate I made myself. I also didn't exercise, which I'm not going to feel too bad about since I'm still in a lot of pain from Sunday's workout. I want to start out when I have a full week to do it, so even though I feel better today and will be 100% by tomorrow, I'll probably wait until next week to officially start. It's a 6 week program so doesn't entirely coincide with the 30 days, just was good timing. The truth is that I wear a baby for at least an hour a day, usually more, so I think that's a pretty good workout...she's getting heavy!! I also do a lot of walking and moving every day in general. I may not be doing a target workout but I am being active.

I have still been getting hungry after my smoothies, so I think I'm going to need to start actually eating breakfast. I like starting my day out with a bunch of fruits and veggies though, so I will continue to do that in the morning and then try to come up with a less carby, healthy alternative to the bagel/cereal that I usually do mid-morning.

Still pretty proud of myself for eating so healthy, for trying new things, and for staying so active. I'll update tonight about my day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment