Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 3

Food:
-Green smoothie (spinach, kale, apple, banana, plum, raspberries, grapes, almond milk, soymilk)
-Banana
-Bucca Di Beppo's mommy lunch--grilled chicken with proscuitto, capers, artichoke hearts, and Fettucini was substituted by a side salad
-Cheerio's with milk (at my mom's house)
-1 oz dark chocolate
-Salad (kale, olive oil & salt to soften it, tomatoes, green onion, avacado, olives, sunflower seeds, fresh lemon juice)
-Tofu (sauteed in soy sauce, Braggs Liquid aminos, agave nectar, cumin, curry powder, allspice, and fresh lime juice)
-Fresh pineapple

Exercise:
-1 hour walk on the beach while wearing a baby
-15 minute walk around my mom's neighborhood while wearing baby

Comments:
Today was HARD. At my mommy group lunch, I desperately wanted pasta and breads with olive oil and a big, chocolatey, fatty dessert. I also wanted to be totally stuffed and full because I knew I'd be at my mom's house this afternoon and didn't want to cave to junk food there, so I didn't want a plain old salad at Buca's, despite the warm spinach and tomato salad sounding yummy. The chicken I ended up eating is probably the second time I've had meat in the past month, but it was REALLY delicious. I WAS still hungry (how does a giant plate of fettucini equal a tiny bowl of iceberg lettuce and balsamic vinegar?), and ended up eating a bowl of cereal at my mom's house--but it could've been worse. I also ate the other half of my organic dark chocolate bar with a big glass of milk, and I'm totally ok with that. The dinner Cody and I made was DELICIOUS! AND left me feeling really full.

My exercising is going well. I enjoy walking on the beach with Samara and our friends Amanda and little Parker. It's so nice out there in the morning!! I'm on the lookout for a good workout dvd...I heard there was a good fitness one that also incorporates some, um, dancing...Don't tell Cody--I'll make it a surprise :)

Goals for the next few days: drink more water and avoid meat, since I'm trying to be 'green' in every sense of the word. Can't wait to start my situps and squats next week when I'm in less pain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment